For this recipe, you need a pre-baked pie crust, pudding, and Cool whip or whipped cream topping. You’ll also need smooth peanut butter and powdered sugar. That sums it up!
This pie is best (of course) if you use homemade pudding. You can always used instant or cooked pudding from “a box” if you are in a pinch for time. A recipe for homemade pudding is linked below.
For this peanut butter pie, you’ll need a regular pie crust, and one that is pre-baked. It can be a homemade crust or you can “cheat” and use a store-bought crust. Bake it according to the directions on the package.
The crumbs for peanut butter pie
Mix together creamy peanut butter and confectioners sugar. The amount of sugar you use depends on how sweet you want things to be. I prefer less sugar because the peanut butter already has sugar in it; yet you need to have crumbs for this pie! You just don’t want the crumbs to make your peanut butter pie too sweet.
Let it sit until it’s cool and set. Sprinkle some peanut butter crumbs on top of the pudding. Spoon Cool whip over the entire top.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pre-baked pie crust
- Pudding (Vanilla) - Instant or Cooked. Recipe in link.
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter - or more
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar - or more
- Cool whip for topping
- Pre-bake pie crust and cool completely
- Make pudding according to directions. Let cool
- Mix peanut butter and confectioners sugar together until crumbly. (I use less sugar).
- Spread ¾ of crumbs in bottom of cooled pie crust; save enough for garnish
- Spread cooled pudding on top of crumbs in the pie crust
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top OR sprinkle half of the remaining crumbs on top
- Top with Cool Whip
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on top of the Cool whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.