This creamy dip is full of surprises. I have this love affair with cream cheese, so anything with cream cheese draws me in. This dip is a simple combination of cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. You can add any vegetables you’d like – but crunchy peppers, celery, and spinach add a lot to the flavor and texture. Plus, the added vegetables give a healthier flair to the dip. In addition, the bacon adds another twist to the flavor. You can mix and match any vegetable you like, and serve it with crackers of your delight.
You’ll want to prepare this a little ahead so the flavors can get into this creamy dip. Make sure that you dice your bacon, peppers and spinach into fine pieces so you’ll only see specks of vegetables instead of chunks.
I like to fry bacon ahead of time and allow it to cool well. This makes breaking it into fine pieces much easier. Plus, it saves time the day you want to prepare the dip.
Creamy Bacon Vegetable Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8-10 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup spinach chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp. each Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 - 1/5 cups chopped sliced almonds optional
- 1/4 cup peppers - any color chopped fine
- 1/2 packet ranch dip seasoning optional if desired
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise together until smooth
- Add all the other ingredients and stir until combined
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours before serving