If you love nuts and you love muffins, you’ll enjoy this recipe for pecan pie muffins. I discovered it on a blog from an Amish woman, Lovina. The link for her blog is at the end of this post. You might enjoy following her and learning more about her world.
I have decreased the amount of sugar in the original recipe. I wonder if oatmeal could be added to the mix, but I haven’t tried it yet. What do you think?
Do you think these muffins taste like pecan pie? They’re not as rich or as filling, that’s for sure. But you’ll probably want to have more than one! If you’re not a “nutty” person, you probably won’t like these. I happen to like nuts and pecans, so I’m delighted with this recipe.
It’s an easy and simple recipe to make. You can freeze these and serve them at a later time. They’re great for breakfast, for a snack or for a treat.
Pecan Pie Muffins
- 2 cups packed brown sugar I used 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/3 cups softened butter
- 4 eggs beaten
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- Mix eggs and butter and add to the dry ingredients
- Grease muffin tins or put liners in muffin tins
- Fill each tin to half-full with batter
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until done
To follow Lovina and learn more about her life, go to her blog by clicking here. The recipe for this post can be found on her blog here. In addition, if you are interested in obtaining her latest cookbook, click here.