Oven-roast your choice
To make oven-roasted vegetables, you can choose any vegetables you want. I try to go with color and texture. For this time, I used zucchini, cauliflower, and butternut squash. These add color and texture to any meal. You can slice the vegetables thick or thin and choose the seasonings you’d like. I used sea salt, garlic powder, and olive oil. Try some Greek seasoning and forget the other seasonings!
The how of oven-roasted vegetables
Cut the vegetables into the size pieces you prefer. If you cut them too small, they tend to burn easier and are harder to maintain even cooking in the oven. Wash your vegetables, peel the squash, and cut all of them into equal sizes.
Place on a baking tray and bake at 400-450 for 30-40 minutes. I was making homemade pretzels at the same time; we went with the 450-degree temperature.
You can also do red potatoes, broccoli, and sweet potatoes in addition to these vegetables. Add different colored peppers and slice thick onion rings for added flair and variety. You pick it and fix it.
- Sliced zucchini - 2 cups
- Peeled and chunked butterhorn squash - 2 cups
- Cauliflower 2 cups, cut into florets
- Olive oil - enough to drizzle
- Salt Pepper, and garlic powder - to season
- Any other seasonings you like
- Wash and prepare vegetables as directed
- Place in an oven-proof pan or baking sheet, spread evenly
- Drizzle olive oil on top and stir
- Season with seasonings of your choice
- Bake at 400-450 for 30-40 minutes
- Turn half-way through if desired