Ever since I found this recipe, Shrimp Scampi has been a favorite for our family. Sometimes we serve it as an appetizer, but usually it is served with rice and vegetables. I’m not as good at making this as our oldest gal, so when she comes home to visit, Dave makes sure the freezer is stocked so there’s no reason not to make this dish.
I’m fortunate to own a Cook-n-Dine, so doing this seafood on it is easy and fun. You can use a large skillet or a wok if that’s what you have.
I’ve used the raw or pre-cooked. It takes a little more time if it is raw, but that’s not really a problem. As the shrimp cooks, it shrinks and becomes pink.
So mix up your sauce and have at it. You’ll be glad you did!
- 24 oz. frozen shelled and deveined shrimp OR 1 1/2 pounds fresh
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley
- lemon wedges for garnish
- Crush garlic cloves
- Add cloves to butter, lemon juice, salt, oregano leaves and pepper
- Heat over low heat until butter is melted (you can do this in the microwave)
- Put shrimp into your wok or skillet and pour butter mixture over all
- Allow to cook, turning and stirring mixture so shrimp remains evenly coated
- To serve, put shrimp with sauce into a bowl; sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon if desired
- Serve over rice or with other vegetables