After having fresh garden tomatoes every day this week, skillet lasagna and pizza the last week, and Sloppy Joes another day, I was ready for something without hamburger or tomatoes. So I improvised from a recipe and came up with this one. ‘Only problem is, I’m not sure what to call it because the original recipe is called Chicken Spaghetti, and this has no tomatoes. Should we call it Chicken Pimento Noodle or Chicken Noodle Pimento?
Plenty of Vegetables
Choose how much you want to add of the following: celery, onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, and pimentos.
Start by sauteeing the celery, onions, and bell pepper. If you’re using raw mushrooms, saute those as well. You can add canned mushrooms to the pimentos and noodles.
While your vegetables are sauteeing, cook the spaghetti noodles and then drain.
Go ahead and turn on the third burner, or wait until you’re done with one of the above and then make your sauce. Melt some butter, add some cream or milk and let it simmer until it thickens slightly, then add some cream cheese to the mixture.
Add Some Chicken
Add chicken, then combine all the ingredients and heat in the skillet until warm completely through, OR put it into a casserole dish and serve it from there.
Chicken Spaghetti Noodle with Cream Sauce
- 8 Tbsp. butter - divided in half
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 small jar pimentos
- 12 oz. Spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- Melt 4 oz. butter, then saute celery, peppers, and onions until tender.
- Cook spaghetti noodles until done
- Melt 4 oz butter in pan, then add cream cheese until melted
- Simmer until it begins to thicken, then add milk
- Mix in parmesan cheese
- Mix vegetables with noodles, chicken, pimentos, mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper
- Add sauce and simmer until warm clear through
- Place in casserole dish and keep warm or heat slightly in the microwave OR serve from stovetop pan