Vegetable rollups are an easy, simple, and nutritious snack or appetizer. The best part is that you can use up whatever veggies you have in your refrigerator. Go with color, texture, and flavor. Use whatever size tortilla you have on hand – larger is better and easier to roll up than small. I usually go for an 8-inch tortilla.
Make sure your cream cheese is soft and at room temperature. Mix it with sour cream and mayonnaise. I prefer Dukes mayonnaise because it is healthier. Add any seasonings you like, but you can go with some salt and pepper and garlic powder to keep it simple.
Dice or shred your vegetables: cucumbers, carrots, green onions, celery, cauliflower, broccoli., green and red peppers. Add them to the mixture.
To make the vegetable rollups, spread the mixture over the entire tortilla and roll up tightly. Be careful not to add too much or it will run out the sides. Be sure you use enough so the tortillas are not dry! Wrap in saran wrap for at least two hours or overnight, then slice into 1-inch circles. You can discard the edges. Serve the vegetable rollups on a plate or tray.
The vegetable rollup recipe
Vegetable Tortilla Roll-ups
- 8 oz. cream cheese very soft
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Salt Pepper, and Garlic Powder to taste
- 2 Tbsp. dried ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups diced and shredded vegetables: carrots celery, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dice and shred vegetables
- Mix softened cream cheese with mayonnaise and sour cream thoroughly.
- Add seasonings, including ranch dressing mix
- Add vegetables and mix well
- Stir in shredded cheese and mix well
- Put about 1/2 cup mixture on top of an 8-inch tortilla and spread to the edges
- Roll up tightly into a long roll
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight
- Slice into 1-inch pieces, discarding the edges