When you need a festive appetizer, this cheese ball can fill the bill. When you want something neat for a snack for a crowd or for a party or special event, this cheese ball is sure to please your guests.
You can make this into one large cheese ball or serve it in three smaller sections. You can roll the ball in parsley, nuts, or pepper. I’ve also used bacon. Sometimes, as in the photo above, I have not used any garnish.
Just mix all the ingredients together in a mixer, and it’s ready to go.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 2 ounces (1//2 cup) crumbled bleu cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Finely chopped pecans
- Beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, milk, onion and Worcestershire sauce until fluffy
- Divide mixture into thirds (1 cup each)
- st portion: Shape first portion into a ball and roll in pepper
- nd portion: Add bleu cheese to the second portion; roll in parsley
- rd portion: Add garlic powder to the third portion; mix well. Shape into ball and roll in nuts
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with crackers.
- The cheese balls can be frozen.