The ginger snaps
These ginger snaps are a soft and tasty cookie. They’re easy to make. You can serve them with or without the white chocolate. Mix up the cookies, roll them into a ball, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet and press them down. Bake and allow to cool.
Melt your white chocolate in a glass container in the microwave in 30-60 second increments, depending on how much chocolate you want to melt and on whether you use white chocolate wafers or larger pieces. Do not overheat!
Dip the ginger snaps into the melted white chocolate, or use a brush or knife to spread it on the edge of each cookie. Allow the white chocolate to dry completely, then store in a container until ready to serve.
Ginger Snap Cookies
- 4 cups flour sifted
- 2 Tbsp. ginger
- 4 tsp. soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup shortening I used butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- White chocolate
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream shortening, then add sugar gradually.
- Mix until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and molasses
- Add dry ingredients and blend together
- Form into small balls and roll in sugar
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Press down using a flat-bottomed cup
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, until tops are slightly rounded and lightly brown and crackly.
This recipe is in the Faith Mission Home Cookbook –celebrating 50 years. Used with permission.