small but mighty.
Taco bites are so quick and easy to fix, and most times you will have the ingredients in your kitchen. My daughter fixed these for her son’s birthday party, and they were a hit for adults and kids alike.
Round tortilla chips, refried beans, and cheese is all you need, plus salsa or sour cream for dipping. You can mix fried hamburger with the beans if you’d like. You’ll want chips that are not thin.
Then spread refried beans in the middle of each chip – about one tablespoon. Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons cheese on top and then bake at 375 for 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Take the chips out of the oven and fold them in half to make a little taco. Serve with taco sauce or sour cream.
How to make the taco bites
Spread refried beans in the middle of each chip – about one tablespoon. Be sure to spread the beans all the way to the edge in the middle so the chip will stick together when it is folded. Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons cheese on top and then bake at 375 for 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Take the chips out of the oven and fold them in half to make a little taco. This makes a nice half-moon to serve. Serve with taco sauce or sour cream
The recipe for Taco bites
- 1 bag round taco chips, not too thin
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Spread your taco chips on a cookie tray
- Spread refried beans (about 1 Tbsp) in the center of each chip, making certain to go to the edge in the center
- Sprinkle shredded cheese (about 2 Tbsp.) on top of the refried beans
- Bake in 350 oven until cheese is melted
- Remove from oven and fold together to make a half-moon shape