When you have peppers in your refrigerator that you’ve just got to do something with, this recipe will fill the spot.
I was visiting in the home of my friend Marj the day she whipped up this stuffing and used up the peppers in her fridge. She already had a complete menu, but this added side dish was a hit.
If you don’t have bread crumbs on hand, use up the oldest bread you have. Put it into a blender and you’ll be set in no time.
In addition to peppers and bread crumb, you’ll need shredded cheese, onion, pepper to taste, and a vinegar/mayonaise dressing.
In less than thirty minutes, you can have a tasty side dish to add to your menu.
- 5-6 small peppers
- 7 cups bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 cups grated cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Dressing: 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ Tablespoon vinegar
- ½ tsp. mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- Wash peppers
- Cut around stem end and remove seeds and membrane
- Slice peppers into wide sections
- Mix ingredients for stuffing together
- For dressing, mix dressing ingredients together
- Mix stuffing and dressing together
- Put on pepper slices