A quiche is a baked flan or tart with a pastry crust and a savory filling thickened with eggs. This steak quiche recipe can be changed or adapted to suit your taste and the preferences of your family.
This steak quiche dish is an easy assemble, especially if you have extra steak from another meal and a pie crust on hand. You can substitute the steak for another meat, such as chicken or hamburger.
Of course a homemade crust is the best, but you can use a store-bought crust if you’re short of time or experience in the homemade department. The quiche can be frozen and used at a later time. Just be sure, if you use a glass pie plate, to thaw it before you place it in the oven. This ensures that the glass plate will not crack or break.
My daughter assembled this steak quiche in preparation for the arrival of her baby. It was an easy meal for her to have in the freezer, and one her family, she knew, would enjoy.
- 6 eggs
- 2 c milk
- 8 oz cheese shredded
- 2 cups steak
- 1 teaspoon each of the following:
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 1 pie crust for 9in pie plate
- Cook steak or the meat you choose
- Cut meat into small cubes
- Whisk together milk, eggs, seasonings. Add shredded cheese and steak.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 65-75 minutes, until the center is set
- Take out of the oven and let it sit for 15 minutes before serving.