Spinach and fruit in a salad
Spinach salad with fruit. Color. Texture. Flavor. Nutrition. You get all these with this festive, nutritious salad. It’s so easy to put together, and healthy as well.
The ingredients for this spinach salad with fruit are easy to obtain, and simple to assemble. You’ll need spinach, fresh blueberries and fresh strawberries, a choice of crumbled cheese (goat, blue cheese, feta, or other) pecans or almonds, and dressing ingredients.
If your blueberries are large, you can slice them in half. Drain well before adding to the salad.
You can use any sweet/sour dressing, but this one is especially tasty. I prefer the real Maple syrup, but you can use brown sugar instead. Put the dressing into a pretty container and allow your guests to drizzle their own on their salad. Any way you fix it, this salad is sure to be a hit for your guests.
- 12 oz. fresh greens/spinach mix
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup almonds (you can substitute pecans)
- ¼ - ½ cup blue cheese or feta cheese (or another cheese of your choice)
- Dressing: ¼ cup olive oil; 2½ Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar, ½ teaspoon mustard, 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup, S & P to taste
- Wash fruit and drain
- Put greens in a bowl
- Add sliced strawberries, blueberries, almonds and cheese
- Toss all ingredients together
- When ready to serve, mix dressing ingredients together and drizzle on top.