Where these cookies got their name is beyond me. They have nothing to do with snickers candy, for sure!
This is an easy recipe, and gives variety to the usual chocolate or oatmeal cookies that are prevalent today.
You’ll need the usual cookie ingredients, plus cream of tartar. And, for the mixture to roll the dough in, you’ll need cinnamon and sugar. Easy mix, easy bake. Yum!
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine butter, sugar, and eggs in mixing bowl and beat until fluffy
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
- Add flour mixture to mixing bowl mixture
- Mix well
- Chill dough for 5-10 minute, then roll into balls of 1" size - or larger, if you like 'em large
- Combine sugar and cinnamon, then roll balls into the mixture
- Put balls onto ungreased baking sheet
- Press balls down slightly with bottom of a glass or something flat
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until done