Easy Pumpkin Torte.
It is pumpkin time! For the next month, anything pumpkin is bound to be considered in season. If you want something other than pumpkin pie, try this easy pumpkin torte. For this recipe, ginger snap cookie crumbs give a zing to the crust. You can use graham crackers instead – or you can mix the two together if you’d rather not have as much zing.
This easy pumpkin torte is a four-layer dessert, but it’s not nearly as hard as it sounds. You bake the first two layers together, mix up the pumpkin, pudding, cool whip and milk and cinnamon and layer it as your third layer. The top is a layer of cool whip. Make it a day or two ahead, and you’re all set.
For the second layer, you can double the recipe if you want a thicker torte. You’ll need to double those ingredients for the Cream Cheese (2nd) Layer, of course.
- 1st Layer: 2 cups ginger snap cookie (or graham cracker) crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. sugar (or less)
- 2nd Layer: 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3rd Layer: 3 cups pumpkin
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 (3.5 oz.) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 4th layer: 8 oz. whipped topping
- st Layer: combine the three ingredients
- Press into a 9 x 13 in pan
- nd Layer: (you can double the proportions in this layer if you'd like)
- Beat cream cheese until smooth
- Add sugar and eggs
- Pour over the crust
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
- rd Layer: Mix pumpkin and milk
- Add pudding mix and cinnamon, mixing well
- Fold in 8 oz. whipped topping
- Spread over the two layers
- th Layer: top with 8 oz. whipped topping