You’ll find it in this pumpkin lush dessert. For those of you who love all things pumpkin, this dessert needs to be added to your recipe stash of all things scrumptious. My friend Bethany made this as one of the desserts we served at a rehearsal dinner a week ago. It was a hit! (But then, anything Bethany makes is a hit – which is why I knew I couldn’t go wrong when I asked her to make desserts for me.)!
Give this crust some added zest and use ginger snap cookie crumbs instead of a graham cracker crust or flour/margarine crust. That’s what was used in this recipe and I heard many positive comments on the crust! There’s enough ginger to give it some zing, but not too much to stifle your enjoyment of the entire dessert.
The recipe for Pumpkin Lush
You’ll also need cream cheese, Dream Whip, and instant pudding. Although the recipe has four layers, it’s not difficult to do. It can be made a day or two ahead. It does, of course, need to be refrigerated. This pumpkin lush is an easy-go to, especially if you want a pumpkin dessert instead of pumpkin pie.
- Crust: 1 cup crushed ginger snap cookies
- ½ cup butter (or margarine)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 12-16 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 (3.5 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1.5 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 2 cups milk
- Crust: mix cookie crumbs and butter together
- Press in bottom of 9 x 13 bake dish.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Cool and chill
- nd layer:Beat cream cheese and sugar together
- Blend in 8 oz. Cool Whip with the cream cheese mixture
- Spread on top of crumb layer
- rd layer: Mix pudding and milk, then add pumpkin and cinnamon
- Spread on top of 2nd layer
- th layer: top with Cool Whip