Any type of fish is a healthy deal for any of us. Baking fish in an oven makes it even more healthy. Here is a simple, easy recipe that can be used for any fish. All you need is real butter (or olive oil), sea salt and pepper, and Old Bay seasoning. You can add other seasonings if you’d like -cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or garlic or onion powder, for example.
Put your fish on a non-stick pan (or grease a regular pan to keep the fish from sticking). Brush melted butter on top, then season as you like.
Bake at 400 for 20+ minutes. Turn fish over half-way through baking.
- 8 catfish
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon (more or less) Old Bay Seasoning
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder and/or onion powder to taste
- Ceyenne pepper to taste
- Use a non-stick pan or lightly grease the bottom of a tray or pan
- Place catfish on tray
- Spread melted butter on top of catfish
- Season with Old Bay seasoning, Sea Salt, pepper, onion or onion powder, garlic powder, etc.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes
- Turn fish over and bake until done - about 5-10 more minutes