Easy Oven-Bake Lasagna
I wonder how many times I’ve called my sister Alice for this lasagna recipe. Oh, I wrote it down, all right. I just kept losing the paper I had it on! One day I finally put the recipe on a pink index card and stuck it in my Longaberger recipe holder. Now when I want to make this recipe, I just look for the pink index card. Oh, but there are a few other pink ones in there as well. So I still have to make sure I have the right recipe. [Since I first posted this four years ago, I don’t have to look for the recipe card. Read on to find out why.]
This recipe calls for cottage cheese (with beaten eggs) in lieu of ricotta, and you’ll need mozzarella and Parmesan cheese as well. Add your hamburger and spaghetti sauce and lasagna noodles and you’re ready to go.
I call this Alice’s off-the-top-of-her-head recipe because she gave it to me over the phone without looking at her recipe. Actually, I’m not sure she has a recipe written down. Except that, now we have it in our cookbook, Second Batch Recipes. Now when I want to make this recipe, I open our cookbook.
Oven Bake Lasagna
- 3 layers lasagna noodles
- 1-2 lbs hamburger fried and drained
- 2 cans spaghetti sauce and enough water to rinse them out good
- 2 beaten eggs
- 12 oz. cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Fry and drain hamburger
- Add spaghetti sauce and water to the hamburger
- Add beaten eggs to cottage cheese
- Layer noodles, then sauce
- Dob cottage cheese mixture by spoonfuls on top of sauce
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top
- Repeat layers
- Add Parmesan cheese on the top
- Cover with foil (or lid) and bake at 350.
- Take the lid off for the last 5-10 minutes