This orzo pasta salad is so easy to assemble. Not everybody likes the same ingredients, so you get to choose which ones to include and which ones to leave out.
I’m not a fan of cilantro, so this herb never goes into my orzo pasta salad. My daughter, on the other hand, loves it. So when I’m at her house, she mixes everything together except cilantro and then serves us separately.
This dish keeps several days in the refrigerator and is easy to take along when you need a quick, sustainable packed lunch. It also works as a pick-me-up snack if you need one.
This is my daughter Sarah Beth’s recipe and she gladly shared it with me so I can share it with you.
Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 c. Orzo
- 1 yellow pepper diced use green if you prefer
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped optional
- 3 to matoes diced
- 3.5 oz container feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4-1/2 c. Caesar’s dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to the package directions, and then drain and rinse with cold water
- While orzo is cooking prepare vegetables and toss together
- Add orzo to vegetables
- Add Caesar’s dressing and seasonings
- Chill in fridge until ready to eat