This salad is festive and refreshing. I enjoy it in the summer, but it also makes a nice addition to any meal.
You’ll need a box of orange gelatin (regular or sugar-free works), shredded carrots, diced celery and drained crushed pineapple. My family doesn’t notice if I use the sugar-free jello.
I use the liquid from the pineapple for the cold water that is added to the jello, which helps give it a fruity flavor.
Be sure to shred your carrots into thin and tiny shreds. And don’t forget to dice the celery into tiny pieces.
The key to making this salad kid-friendly is to have the vegetables in such tiny pieces that a child won’t mind putting it into his mouth.
By the time you’ve let the jello cool, you will have your other ingredients ready.
This congealed salad keeps well for several days.
- 1 small box orange jello (regular or sugar-free)
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Add boiling water to jello as directed.
- Use liquid from crushed pineapple as part of the cold water you will add to the gelatin
- Chill until starting to set.
- Add pineapple, celery and carrots.
- Add nuts if you desire
- Cover and allow to gel.
My Windowsill may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through an affiliate link brings no additional charge to you. My Window may receive compensation from purchases made through links on My Windowsill. To learn more about affiliate links, you can click here.