Summertime salads are fun because they are made with fresh ingredients. Yet even when you don’t have access to fresh garden ingredients, this salad will still hit the spot.
All you need is lettuce and/or spinach and some hard-boiled eggs for the salad. If you want to add some diced bacon on top, you can. For the dressing, you’ll need mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Just a little dab will do!
Wash and dry your lettuce and/or spinach. Chop or cut into bite-sized pieces, then place in a bowl. Peel and rinse hard-boiled eggs, then slice evenly into thin slices. Mix the lettuce and eggs together, saving a few slices to garnish on the top.
For the dressing, you’ll need mayonnaise and as much (or more) sugar as vinegar. Mix the dressing well, then drizzle some on top of the salad. Drizzle; don’t pour! Stir gently and refrigerate until ready to serve.
You don’t need a lot of dressing. Give it time to seep down through the leaves and you’ll be amazed at how little it takes.
Lettuce Salad with Hard Boiled Eggs
- lettuce or spinach - enough to serve the amount of people you have
- hard boiled eggs - 1/2 egg per person
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. vinegar
- 3 tsp. sugar
- Wash and dry lettuce and/or spinach
- Cut or chop into bite-sized pieces
- Peel and rinse hard-boiled eggs
- Slice eggs into thin slices
- Mix lettuce/spinach and eggs together, leaving a few slices for garnish on top
- Mix mayonaise, vinegar and sugar together
- Drizzle a little bit of the dressing across the top of the salad, then stir in gently
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Put remaining slices of eggs on top
- Remember: don't add too much dressing! You can always add more dressing at the last minute if you need to
This post contains affiliate links. Your purchase through an affiliate link brings no additional charge to you. I may receive compensation from purchases made through links on My Windowsill. To learn more about affiliate links, you can click here.