At a delightful birthday luncheon hosted by a friend this past week, each guest was asked to bring a side dish to serve. Marlene was one of the guests, and she brought this dish.
When I asked her for the recipe, she said, “Oh, there really isn’t a recipe. You just cook your pasta and add whatever ingredients you want.”
I assumed she had her own recipe for the dressing, but she informed me she just uses Zesty Italian dressing.
So there you have it. Grab your choice of pasta and cook it per directions. Then add peppers, chives, onions, olives, tomatoes, and anything else you’d like to serve. Toss it with the dressing and chill, and it’s ready to serve. Thanks, Marlene!
- Pasta noodles - use different types, colors, and shapes for variety
- Peppers - red and green
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Zesty Italian Dressing
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Drain and cool
- Chop peppers, onions, and chives
- Cut tomatoes into two or three pieces
- Add olives
- Add any other ingredient you'd like
- Mix together
- Add Zesty Italian Dressing - just enough to coat lightly.
- Chill and serve.