This Italian grilled chicken is one of our favorite grilled dishes. We’ve served it to a lot of folks on our deck during the summer – up to thirty folks at a time.
Marinate the chicken all day, allowing it to thaw. I use a Tupperware container that has a deep lid and a deep bottom. I just flip the container, which makes to let the dressing seep through. Turn it every couple of hours so it will marinate well. Use name brand, and stick with the regular instead of lite.
Then grill and cut it into serving size pieces. You’d be surprised how far this chicken goes when it comes to serving it. Cut into smaller pieces, the chicken takes up more space on a plate and folks are happy with a smaller amount.
Italian Grilled Chicken
- 6-8 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1/4 bottle of Italian Dressing
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place chicken into a container that is large enough to hold the breasts and the liquid
- Pour Italian dressing over the chicken
- Put lid on the container and turn container several times to allow dressing to move through the layers
- Continue to turn container every 1-2 hours, marinating for a total of 4-8 hours
- Grill chicken on charcoal or gas grill until done
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces to serve