This cheesecake is light and refreshing. It can be made ahead and frozen. You can serve it with fruit or plain – either way, it’s delicious.
You can choose regular jello or sugar-free jello and decrease the sugar if you’re wanting to decrease the calories.
The ingredients are lemon jello, evaporated milk, cream cheese and sugar. For the crust, you’ll need melted butter and crushed graham cracker crumbs. Adding a small amount of confectioner’s sugar will help keep the crumbs of the crust together, especially since you don’t bake this crust.
For the crust, blend graham crackers in a blender and then mix with the confectioner’s sugar and butter. Reserve 1/4 – 1/2 cup crumbs for topping. Press the rest of the crumbs into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan or a 9 x 9 Tupperware container.
Put evaporated milk into the freezer or refrigerator until it is cold and chilled. To help speed the process in mixing the milk, you can put the bowl and beaters into the refrigerator to chill. Mix the evaporated milk until it becomes whipped.
For the cheesecake, dissolve the jello in water and allow it to cool. Do not let it gel!
Mix the cream cheese and sugar together, then add the jello and whipped evaporated milk. Pour on top of the crumbs. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. Chill.
Serve with fruit or pie filling on top, or just plain.
- 1 3-oz. box lemon jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk, chilled
- 1½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1½ Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Dissolve jello in water; chill but do not set
- Mix cracker crumbs, butter, and powdered sugar. Save ½ cup for topping
- Spread the rest of the crumbs in bottom of 9 x 9 pan.
- Using cooled beaters in a cold bowl, whip chilled evaporated milk until it is stiff
- Mix sugar and cream cheese
- Add jello mixture and evaporated milk.
- Beat mixture for two minutes. then add jello mixture and evaporated milk and beat for two minutes.
- Pour into pan and sprinkle with topping.
- Freezes well also.