Four cheese ravioli at its best
This four cheese ravioli recipe comes from my daughter. Kudos Sarah Beth who improvises, tastes, tweaks, and tests until she comes up with her own favorite dishes.
For this four cheese ravioli recipe, you can use the pasta recipe she uses, or you can make your own. To get Sarah Beth’s recipe, click here. Make the dough, but don’t use the pasta maker.
Instead, roll the dough out using a rolling pin. Then add the filling. Top with another layer of dough and cut into circles or squares.
Cook the pasta rounds according to directions.
Make the Pesto cream sauce and pour on top before serving. You can also serve it with your favorite marinara sauce – or both.
The four cheese ravioli recipe
Four Cheese Ravioli
- RAVIOLI: 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- PESTO SAUCE:
- Pesto Cream sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 c half and half
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Mix ingredients together.
- Roll pasta dough to thin sheets (no thicker than nickel). You can either fold the pasta over or place one sheet on top of the other when time to close ravioli.
- Place ravioli on dough in teaspoonfuls.
- Dab your fingers in water and brush on pasta dough around ravioli filling.
- Fold pasta dough over ravioli filling or place second sheet of pasta over ravioli.
- Gently press dough around ravioli filling.
- Use cutter to cut ravioli or knife.
- Make sure edges are sealed either by pressing edges together with your fingers or using a fork to seal edges.
- Bring pot of salted water to boil.
- Place ravioli in boiling water and allow to cook for ~5 minutes.
- Ravioli should float to top when done cooking.
- Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Serve topped with your favorite marinara sauce and/or pesto sauce.
- PESTO sauce instructions:
- In sauce pan or skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and pesto sauce and cook for one minute.
- Pour in the half and half, raise the heat to high, and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese melts.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep warm.