A quick pick-me-up when you need a nutritious and easy snack. Mix the basic ingredients and then add your own variations.
Oatmeal, peanut butter, and honey are the core ingredients. Add chocolate chips, raisins, almonds, flax seed, and anything else you’d like.
Roll into balls and put onto a tray in the refrigerator or freezer. Once frozen, you can stack them in zip-lock bags or a storage container, and they’re ready for use.
Store the energy bites in the freezer and get them out just a few minutes before you’re ready to serve. Adults and kids alike enjoy these!
I found this recipe in the latest issue of Daughter of Promise, a magazine open for all readers and geared for Anabaptist women. For more information about the magazine, click here.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ¾ cup ground flax seed
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup honey (I use less)
- 1¼ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine dry oatmeal, flaxseed and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Add the honey, peanut butter, and vanilla
- Stir until the mixture comes together.
- Optional: add almonds, raisins, craisins, etc. as desired
- Form into 1 inch balls and chill until firm.