If you’re an oreo cookie and pudding fan, you will love this recipe!
Kids can help put this together and it is made from kid-favorite food, so it is bound to be a hit for them as well.
The ingredients can be crushed, whipped, and mixed together in minutes, layer by layer. You’ll need oreo cookies, pudding, milk, sugar, cool whip, and cream cheese. Don’t forget the gummy worms!
As you layer the dirt cake, hide some gummy worms in each layer. If you use a glass bowl, you can make sure the worms can be seen along the sides of the bowl. Kids will have fun with this part!
Another option is to “plant” flowers in the dirt cake. Serve the pudding in mugs or planters and add an artificial flower or leaf. Kids can help “plant” the flowers.
Try it, you’ll like it!
- 1 pound Oreo cookie crumbs
- ½ stick melted margarine
- 3½ cups cold milk
- 2 small boxes instant chocolate pudding (you can use one box vanilla and one box chocolate)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (I use a lot less)
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 12 oz. Cool Whip
- Gummy worms (optional)
- Mix Oreo crumbs, 1 cup powdered sugar, cream cheese, and melted margarine in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix instant chocolate pudding and cold milk.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Layer the cake starting and ending with cookie crumb mixture
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- You can add gummy worms in the pudding.