Creamy Cucumber Salad.
It’s a great way to dress up garden cucumbers! There’s nothing like a cucumber fresh from the garden, washed, peeled and salted for summer flavor.
If you want to spruce it up a little and add some variety to your menu, try this recipe.
Make your own dressing in just a few minutes, slice (and/or peel) the cucumbers, and add the dressing. I think some extra pepper on the top adds just a little zing without making it hot.
You don’t need to add a lot of dressing to the cucumbers, so be careful to add just a little and put the dish into the refrigerator. When you’re ready to serve, you can always add some more dressing. That’s better than having the cucumbers swimming in the dressing.
If you choose to shred the cucumbers, you will need even less dressing, because the cucumbers make a liquid of their own. I’ve fixed it both ways and I can’t tell you which way I like it the best. It rather depends on the rest of the menu and my mood.
- Cucumbers - several cups sliced Optional: grate the cucumbers
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cream or milk
- Wash, peel (optional) and slice cucumbers and refrigerate.
- Mix all ingredients together, stirring until well blended.
- Season cucumbers with salt and pepper
- Add dressing - a few tablespoons at a time
- Refrigerator until just ready to serve
- Add more dressing if necessary, then season with salt and pepper as needed