About the chicken spaghetti recipe.
I’ve had this recipe for years – 38 to be exact. It was one of the recipes given to me at my bridal shower. I make this recipe a few times and then forget about it. Then I remember again and make it again. It’s a great dish to take to a carry-in meal or to send to someone who needs a quick meal brought into their home. Add a nice green salad with it, and you’ve got a meal.
Even though this is a spaghetti recipe, it does not have tomato or spaghetti sauce, so it’s easier on the stomach for folks who must watch their tomato intake. It does, however, have a can of tomato soup – but spread out among 12 people, it’s not heavy on the acid at all.
The recipe calls for pimientos as an option. I’ve also added a can of mushrooms to the recipe. The other evening I had three kiddos at my house for supper, and they devoured this dish. I think it will be a favorite of yours, too.
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup or golden mushroom
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 12 oz. spaghetti noodles cooked
- 1 small jar pimientos
- 1 small can mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti and drain
- In large saucepan, melt butter
- Sauté celery, peppers, and onions until soft
- Add chicken broth and both soups
- Simmer until vegetables are tender
- Add cooked chicken and drained spaghetti noodles
- Heat thoroughly and put into serving dish
- Sprinkle cheese on top