I enjoy making this dish, which I got from a friend years ago. It’s such a simple dish but presents with a flair. Serve it over noodles or rice; I’ve also served it over potatoes.
This is one of those fix-it-and-forget-it recipes. Put it in the crock pot on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3 hours. On occasion, I’ve put the chicken in for an hour on high, then turned it down to low for 4 more hours. Each hour on high is the equivalent of two hours on low. So you can finagle it any way you like. Depending on how thick the chicken breasts are, it might take a little bit longer.
The recipe calls for a can of cream of mushroom soup, mixed with sour cream and flour. If I’m doubling the recipe, sometimes I use one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of golden mushroom.
Place chicken breasts in the crock pot and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Then make your sauce and pour on top, adding more paprika.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms, drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup flour
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot
- Season to your preference
- Mix flour with sour cream, then mix together with soup and mushrooms
- Pour over chicken
- Sprinkle top with paprika
- Cook in crock pot on high for 3 -4 hours, adding sour cream and flour the last 30 minutes OR
- Cook on low for 6 -8 hours
- Serve over noodles, rice, or potatoes
Cover and allow to cook for the designated time.