Chicken Bites. You make them as large or as small as you’d like.
Looking for an easy, do-ahead chicken recipe for a crowd? Here is one you will want to try. I got it from my sister Alice, who served it at our family reunion this summer. I saw those trays of chicken in the refrigerator Friday and we got to indulge on Saturday evening. This recipe for chicken bites is easy to make ahead of time or the day you plan to serve it.
Melt butter and mix dry ingredients separately. Dip your pieces in the butter and then in the crumbs. You can use drumsticks, leg quarters, or breasts. Be sure to cover your trays with tin foil – it helps with clean-up.
Bake it uncovered for 20-25 minutes in a 400-degree oven.
- 4 chicken breasts (or other pieces)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 tsp. basil leaves
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Place aluminum foil on baking sheet.
- Cut chicken into pieces if desired
- Combine next five ingredients
- Dip chicken in melted butter, then in crumbs
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes (at 400-degrees) or until done on the inside.