Making chicken BBQ
This Chicken BBQ is not a specific-ingredient recipe. You’ll need boneless chicken (preferably thighs or leg quarters), barbecue sauce and chicken broth. You can also add Salt and Pepper as desired.
You can also used canned chicken breasts, but it will not be as moist. If you have leftover chicken, feel free to use that, too.
I start by cooking chicken in my Instant Pot – with 2 cups of water on the meat setting. In this recipe, I used 5 skinless, boneless thighs. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, just cook the chicken in water until done. Let the mixture cool gradually.
Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, put it into a mixer and dice it. I use my Bosch with the wire whisks. My daughter uses her Kitchen Aid with the paddles. Either way works. Using a mixer shreds the chicken in less than a minute.
Place the chicken, some broth, and barbecue sauce into a kettle and stir until mixed. You choose the amount of broth and barbecue sauce based on how juicy you like your barbecue. Heat through, and serve on buns. This process takes under 45 minutes with my Instant Pot. You can put the chicken in frozen or thawed.
- 5 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chicken broth - approximately 1/4 cup or more
- Barbecue sauce - your preference about 1/2 cup or more
- Cook chicken in water until tender
- IF using Instant Pot, add 2 cups water to Instant Pot and put chicken on trivet
- Cook on Meat setting
- When done, let sit until cool enough to handle
- Put chicken into mixer and whip with paddles or wire whisks for about one minute
- Put into kettle, add broth, barbecue sauce and seasonings
- Stir until mixed and heat through
- Serve on buns with additional sauce as desired