If you’re looking for a basic and simple cheesecake recipe that is as good as it’s easy, here it is. A graham cracker crust topped with a filling of cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla that is baked is about as easy as it gets. ‘Not too sweet and not too rich, that’s what this one is.
I enjoy a rich cheesecake with varied flavors of peanut butter or chocolate or fruit. Yet sometimes a simple, plain cheesecake that actually tastes like cheesecake is not only nice and fun, but simple for a change.
This recipe will fill the bill – or hit the spot – or make your day. Try it. You’ll see.
- CRUST: ⅓ cup butter and 1½ cups crushed graham crackers
- 24 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- CRUST: mix ingredients and press into spring form pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Beat thoroughly until blended
- Pout on top of crust
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes (I did mine at 350)
- Lower temp to 250 and bake for 32 minutes or until set
- Cool slightly and remove outside of pan
- Refrigerate until chilled
- Serve plain or with fruit or pie filling toppings
This post contains affiliate links. Your purchase through an affiliate link brings no additional charge to you. I may receive compensation from purchases made through links on My Windowsill. To learn more about affiliate links, you can click on this link.