I love a breakfast tortilla but enjoy it most with a friend. My friend Kristen and I had tea at her home one springlike morning. We sat outside to enjoy this treat. Kristen knows I prefer bacon over spinach, so she fried up some bacon and potatoes before I got there.
To make this breakfast tortilla wrap, you use the ingredients you prefer in addition to eggs and cheese. We had bacon, potatoes, and eggs. You can add spinach, onions, peppers, sausage, or ham – or all of the above!
Once you have assembled and fried your ingredients, you combine them with the tortilla.
Begin by cutting a slice of tortilla into four sections but do not the sections separate completely.
Put your ingredients onto the different sections. Like this.
Then fold over the first section. Like this.
Fold over the second section. Like this.
Complete the last fold and put into a skillet to warm the outside, then flip to get both sides warm. Like this.
Your breakfast tortilla wrap is done. Slice it in half and serve. This breakfast tortilla is versatile. You can add avocados, spinach, or any other vegetable or fruit you’d like.
Now that’s a wrap!
The recipe for breakfast tortilla wraps
Breakfast Tortilla Wrap
- tortillas - one for every two people
- eggs - enough to fill the tortilla 2-3 for one tortilla
- onions and peppers sauteed - optional
- bacon - 4-6 strips fried
- shredded cheese - 1/4 cup per tortilla
- vegetable oil or butter for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Onion and garlic powder - optional
- Potatoes - 1 potato shredded and fried per tortilla
- Spinach - optional
- Fry bacon
- Sautee onions and peppers
- Whisk eggs and fry in skillet
- Add garlic and/or onion powder- optional
- Season eggs with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle cheese on top until it is melting
- Fry shredded potatoes until done
- Place tortilla on counter and make 4 slits into the center
- Place eggs on one section, potatoes on one section, and bacon on one or two centers
- Add spinach (optional) to another center
- When folded, place back in skillet and brown
- Turn to the other side and brown
- Slice in half