With cooler evenings approaching,this brownie in a mug is the perfect evening treat or dessert. This recipe uses real butter and cream cheese – and I’m certain you will think it worth the effort.
Place butter and cream cheese into a microwave measuring cup and heat for thirty seconds. While that is happening, combine the dry ingredients. Then add milk and vanilla to the butter/cream cheese mixture. Combine your wet and dry ingredients.
Place into a microwavable mug or a 1/2 pint jar. A taller, narrow mug or jar works best.
Heat* in microwave for 90 seconds or less. Watch your brownie carefully to make certain it doesn’t rise over the top of the mug.
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream if you’d like.
*1150 Watt Microwave
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 to 1½ Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon.baking powder
- dash of salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients together
- Place butter and cream cheese in microwavable bowl/measuring cup and microwave for 30 seconds
- Add milk and vanilla to butter mixture
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together
- Place in microwavable mug (or use a ½ pint canning jar)
- Heat in microwave* for 90 seconds
- Remove from microwave
- Garnish with whipped topping if desired
- *my microwave is 1150 Watts