Cheese bean dip
This cheesy bean dip is great for an appetizer or a dish for a party. I like this recipe because I can put it together a day ahead and then just bake it before it’s time to serve. Plus, it’s delicious. Another plus: folks like it!
Cheeses: you will need Monterrey Jack, Cheddar, and Cream Cheese. You’ll need refried beans, sour cream, and taco seasoning. You can make your own seasoning and keep it on hand. You can find my recipe for taco seasoning by clicking on the link here. Serve this with tortilla chips or any other chips. I’ve served it with crackers as well.
Mix this together, bake it, and get ready to party!
I found this recipe in a Taste of Home cookbook. I’m grateful that they give me permission to share their recipes. [Find more great recipes at www.tasteofhome.com].
This recipe is one I come back to because I usually have the ingredients on hand and it’s easy to make. Plus, I like that I can mix it a day or two ahead and then heat it before I want to serve. This helps when you’re planning a large menu for a crowd of people.
Bean Dip with Chips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz. refried beans
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips
- Combine cheeses
- Put 2 cups back for the topping
- Combine beans, sour cream, cream cheese, taco seasoning and the 2 cups of remaining cheeses
- Put into a greased 2 quart baking dish
- Top with reserved cheese
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20-30 min or until bubbly around the edges
- Serve warm with tortilla chips
This is a re-post from 6 years ago.